BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 22, 2010

Writing Prompts

1. The first movie that comes to mind is " The Strangers." This movie is about a couple who is killed while staying in one of their parents weekend home. This movie was definately enhanced to me because it was based on a true story. The killers were also never caught. I was freaked out for weeks!!!!!

2. I would explain the semi-truths throughout the book as a way for the narrator of each story to tell what really happened in a strange way. Its harder to tell the real truth..so it would basically be a distorted version of the truth. I would tell future readers to pay attention to the minor characters bc they play a bigger role than you think and to also try to and remember each story bc they intertwine throughout the entire book.

4. My favorite story was the Sweetheart of the Song Tra Bong. I always choose to read love stories and this was the love story in the book. I suppose thats why its my favorite..plus it was the most intersting to me. The story that I just hated with a passion was Rainy River. I realize that its a very important story to the book but I thought it was just flat out BORING!!! I think I identify most with Kiowa bc he is so religious. Throughout the way he carries a bible and speaks about God. I think that if I were in the war God would def. be my rock the whole way through. There really wasnt a character that I disliked for the most part I felt that every character was necessary to bring the book together as a whole and to keep it interesting.

6.





7. No, I dont' really come away with any new ideas about truths. Although, I have to say that I was very upset when I figured out that the stories were not truth lol I do believe that this book is a true war story bc it was a way for the author to write about how he felt without totally reliving all the things that happened during the war. Yes, I would recommend this to other people bc its one of the few books that i actually enjoyed reading for school. :)

0 comments: